Friday, June 21, 2013

Disease

Infertility is a disease that results in the abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system. The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the World Health Organization (WHO) recognize infertility as a disease.

By definition I have a disease. Yes, it is a disease that won't kill me physically but I can guarantee that it is a disease that is killing me emotionally. Most of the time my anger rears it's ugly head when I see a pregnant 18 year old girl with a one year old on her hip. Yup, I'm bitter at the moment because I struggle with the why? Why can't I have a baby the good old fashion way? Why does someone who has had numerous abortions and doesn't want a baby keep getting knocked up? Why are people having babies and throwing them in trash cans or leaving them in parks getting pregnant? I believe in God and my faith has really helped me through this dark time but I still get angry..bitter..jealous but I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment