Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Insurance - Money - Treatment oh my!

My insurance covers NOTHING.. and by nothing I mean not a thing when it comes to infertility. I had the clinic I will be seeing send me an estimate of costs for IUI and IVF. I knew it would be over $10,000 for IVF and around $2,000 for IUI but when you actually see the numbers on paperwork it makes it super real. It is actually around 16k for the IVF and $1,700 for the IUI. These numbers scare me for so many reasons. The first reason being that I don't know how we are going to afford it but trusting that God will provide. The second reason being 16k doesn't guarantee us a baby. The third reason is that if we do move forward with IVF we can only justify one try. The fourth and final reason is if a miracle happens and we get pregnant after IVF we won't have any money for the stuff needed for baby. Actually the fourth reason doesn't bother me because if we have a baby I will borrow a bassinet and I have great family and friends so I'm sure diapers would be supplied at a shower and I am all in for hand me down clothes.


So I go back to the other three reasons.. I am sacrificing, saving and praying. My first prayer is that the doctor feels as if IUI could be an option even though my husband only has a count of 5.5 million. And if not I am am lifting my hands to God to guide me down this terrifying path. I have wanted to be a mom since I can remember and my heart breaks a little more each day with the thought of this not happening. I am doing my best at trying to relax at the moment because me stressing out more isn't going to help our current situation. I am also hoping for the Family Act, S 881/HR 1851 bill to pass in the US Senate and US House of Representatives that would create a tax credit for the out-of-pocket costs of IVF and fertility preservation for diagnosed with infertility. It was introduced in May 2013. If you would like to help contact your Senators and Representatives 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, that is expensive. god will provide! We have a crib mattress you can have, sorry no crib with it but the mattress is yours if you want it. Continuing to pray for God to shower you with blessings of a sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete