Friday, August 16, 2013

AMH results

    Okay friends the results are in. First of all let me start by saying that the actual RE called me with the results and not a nurse. Great right? I saw the number pop up on my caller ID and my heart literally sped up to about 300 beats/minutes. Well okay, maybe not literally but it sped up! He introduced himself and then proceeded to give me the numbers. "Mrs. Lost your numbers have come back above average and things look great". I instantly got choked up and told him that he just made my day! Another poor result would have crushed me today. I put the chart below even though you all have probably seen it a million times. My number was 10.24 which is in the Normal Ovarian Reserve for a 38 year old! I like that the doctor said above average, but whatever I'm stoked either way.
      age-specific FSH and AMH levels

























My husband is going to get a second opinion from the best urologist in the Midwest. This guys resume is super impressive and so if we get the same answer then we know that IVF is our only option due to his low count. If the first urologist missed a varicocele then his sperm count could go up but it would take 3-6 months to see a difference. Time is not our friend right now so we have a lot to discuss.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts!

 



1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME your AMH number is so high!!! You had me nervous when you said the dr called you instead of the nurse, but this is great news! It sounds like you guys are definitely on the right track :)

    ReplyDelete