Tuesday, April 8, 2014

24 Weeks

Today I am 24 weeks 1 day. At this point our little boys would have a 50% chance of survival so they need to keep cooking for a while! The contractions have slowed down but I was once again told that they weren't affecting my cervix so I am letting go and trusting in God. Bump picture updated in tab.






How far along? 24 weeks!!

Total weight gain: Around 32lbs since pregnant and 42lbs since before IVF medication

Maternity clothes: Everything is maternity except for a couple bigger shirts, but I have to wear a maternity tank under them. Some of the maternity clothing is actually getting too small.

Stretch Marks: Not yet

Sleep: Still waking up about 5-10 times during the evening to roll over or go to the bathroom

Best moment of the week: Hitting viability and seeing the babies during the last u/s. I wish that we would have seen both of them in 3d but that's okay I still know they are perfect! And having my first baby shower with family. It was so nice to see everyone, and the more diapers the better!

Miss anything: Sharing a bed with my husband, but he will come back after the babies are here. :)

Belly button in or out: Still in but super stretched

Looking forward to: My upcoming OB appointment next week and my baby shower with friends coming up on May 10th.




24 weeks with fraternal twins


9 comments:

  1. If you've gained 42lbs then you must have been a teeny tiny thing before IVF!! You look awesome and I love your maternity outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy viability, my friend! I'm with Aubrey... I don't know where you're hiding that weight, but you look amazing! I know those babies sure appreciate those pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hitting the viability mark. Yay for two healthy ears of corn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love corn! Especially corn on the cob! Congrats on viability. What a big step!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting that you have your baby shower to look forward too! Happy 24 weeks girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for 24 weeks! You are doing great! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, still reading, and still way behind but I do want to read all your fun updates! I had to laugh about missing sharing a bed with your husband, bu that changing when the babies are born. Sigh. Unfortunately, that hasn't really happened for us yet. I get a few hours in our bed each night, but little Miss Rylee doesn't sleep very well unless I am holding her. In order for us all to get some sleep, I end up on the couch with her each night. Hubby is petrified of having her come into our bed because he is such a sound sleeper. He's afraid of rolling over on her. I am sooooo glad you are having such a smooth pregnancy! Even with the aches and pains that come with a twin pregnancy, you are rocking at being a Mommy already!

    ReplyDelete