Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Step one

Step one: Get a good clinic with a great RE

I left a message three days ago with a reputable fertility clinic, actually I have left two messages in three days with no call back. So I called another local clinic that has great reviews as well and they took my call right away and they were very kind and accommodating. My first appointment is August 12th and I had all of my medical records faxed over so that they are ready to go. I was told that the appointment would last an hour or so, but with my binder in tow it could take a little longer. I am excited to take this next step, or at the very least find out what the next step would be. 
 
I have been reading a lot online and it appears as if getting IVF would be our best option due to both of us having issues. We could swing a couple rounds of IUI, but I don't know if we can afford IVF even with my husbands stellar job. I am still working on getting a second job or investing in a little advertising for my photography business. On one of the blogs I follow I have noticed that the wife and husband designed a great logo so I may be emailing them to see if they would amp up my photography logo for me first before I spend the money. All that I am sure of at the moment is that my drive to be a mom is even stronger, and I am going to feed off of this strength to keep us going. If I have to work from sun up to sun down to make my dream a reality then I will.
 
Has anyone researched Mexico? I see that some have went that route with great success. IVF is around $6,500 in Cancun and that includes everything needed for the procedure along with room and board for 18 days. The only thing you have to pay for is the flight. I would love to hear if you have tried Mexico or if you have any horror stories. Please share!

1 comment:

  1. SO rude that clinic didn't get back to you. I haven't heard any success stories about Cancun. A blogger at Gypsy Mama's Journey cycled in Mexico a few times to no avail. It is cheaper but I'm not sure how good they are. Take a look at her blog and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete